Crew Lead (Project Manager)
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of the Team.
- First priority is to lead and coordinate the team, while assisting the team in daily activities is
- Before heading out for the day, review work orders and make sure all necessary tools and
equipment are available to complete.
- Help with the following:
- Tearing off old roofing or related material.
- Replacing any necessary roof decking or sheeting.
- Installing all necessary roofing underlayments.
- Installing all necessary trim, flashing, and components that go with any of our roofing
- Installing new pipes, and vents
- Other necessary misc. projects that come up.
- Trash clean up at the end of each day, and at the end of each job.
- Completing any necessary repairs.
- If the job is more than 1 day, be responsible to make sure the job site is looking neat, all materials
neatly stacked, out of the owners way, and secured properly before going home.
- Be responsible for weather changes throughout the day and make sure everything can be dried in
quickly if a rainstorm pops up. Also make sure everything is dried in as good as possible before
heading home each night.
- Be responsible to make sure all work described in the scope of work is done in a neat professional
- Be responsible to take progress Photos every day, photos of sheeting replacement, and nice photos
from each angle once the job is completed.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Team Members of ongoing work activities.
- Use reasonable problem-solving before consulting the Production Manager.
- Inspecting Safety Equipment, Equipment, Structures, and Material daily.
- Coordinating the Work activities of the crew.
- Taking daily pictures inside Company Cam.
- Communicating with client personnel on onsite activities as needed.
- Filling out the daily job log in Job Progress.
- Willing to learn the DISC model of human behavior to help adapt and relate with others.
- Confer with correct departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities
while on site. Team Leader to Project Manager
- Supervise, coordinate the activities of construction workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures.
- Label for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Record information, such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Communicate with the production manager on the timeline of the job being completed, and schedule.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
- Maintaining a safe workspace for all team members
- Responsible for keeping personal Nail bag tools/materials properly stocked.
- Call for dump trailer replacement if necessary
- Participate on annual employee reviews
- Having a positive, solution-minded mindset.
- Providing the team members on your crew with morning meeting time and location.
- Medium to Heavy Lifting
- Following through on expectations set by the Production Manager or field Supervisor.
- Relating and communicating with Team
- Notifying Production Manager of tools needed for your crew
- Working together to provide efficiency
- Attending all safety meetings and being able to fill out an incident report
- If unable to attend safety and/or other meetings you are responsible to provide written notice
approved and signed by your leader.
- Attending trainings on installation of the various systems RoofX provides
- Know how to make cuts for a professional appearance on all shingle or metal roofs
- Teaching others on job sites to make professional cuts on roofs.
- Learning how to use Company Cam and Jobnimbus for taking pictures and daily reports.
- Relate to Production Manager any internal employee discipline problems
"*" indicates required fields